Friday, 29 January 2016

Day four in Warsaw

"A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it."


Yesterday I went to all my doctor’s appointments and it basically took the whole day as I had to go to three different places. All the appointments went well and I got there in time but the waiting rooms were confusing. Basically in Poland either the doctor comes out or you knock on the door. I think that is weird, because how do you know if anyone is in there. I mean for a Pole it’s probably easy, because they know what the doctor in the room is yelling, but for me it wouldn’t matter. I would have to open the door anyway. I learnt that if you don’t knock somebody is gonna do it and they are just gonna see the doctor before you. So you just have to knock! I also got everything that I was supposed to sort out sorted out including getting a Polish sim card. So I can now use data again.

Today was the day I had to move into my apartment. And I did! And I already love it so much. It has a living room with a kitchenette and a bedroom, a bathroom with a tub, and a huge balcony which I counted to be 7 meters long. It has exit from the living room and the bedroom to the balcony. There’s even an underground garage and a small storage room and an outdoor area only for residents. But one thing that I find weird is that it’s so secure. To get to my apartment I have to beep myself through three doors. I mean no one who is not supposed to come here definitely won’t! At least I’m not gonna forget my keys as I have to use them to get out as well. But the area I live in is really nice and there’re some restaurants, bakeries and small supermarkets around. The metro and tram are close as well. I am really happy about my choice because it seems like nothing is missing around me.

The guy from Lions Estate has been helping me with so many things. He even made sure a guy is gonna come and install internet on Tuesday and he also sent me some useful links. I mean this is more than I would expect from an estate company. So I am thrilled about the choice I made, as it has made everything so much easier for me. 

I’ve been a bit confused about getting registered as some places I’ve read that you have to do it within three days after arriving in Poland. Which I think seem a bit weird, as you can stay in a EU country for 3 months without registration. Maybe the webpage made a mistake. Also a woman from my workplace told me that I can’t apply for a PESEL before after 3 months. She also told me that I can get a bank account in some banks (e.g. Millennium Bank) without registering. So I am no longer in a hurry with my registration. I just need a bank account, which doesn’t seem to be a problem.

So for now everything seems to be going smoothly and after the plan, which means that I can now enjoy my last weekend before I start working. Maybe I’ll go for a small trip to Ikea or Mokotów Galeria. Who knows? 


The balcony!







No comments:

Post a Comment