Friday, 22 January 2016

Who are we anyway?

“We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. 
That is our great glory, and our great tragedy” 

Do you know the feeling of thinking about something and then getting a million butterflies fluttering around in your stomach in return? I’m not talking about a specific guy you have fancied for a while. No, I’m talking about when you suddenly think about travelling or catch yourself shamelessly using every search engine out there just to look up flight tickets to some random country you think would be grand to visit. Or in my case almost violently using booking.com to find countries where I can actually afford living at 3-4 star hotels for the same amount of a rental flat in Denmark. 

I know it all too well, and maybe that is the reason why I have just returned home from three weeks in Bali (alone!!). and maybe it is why I was in New York just before I went to Bali despite the fact that I had just been out working in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, England and Scotland for 3½ month. Since August I have probably been in Denmark for around a month in total. And still I shamelessly keep searching. 

The dream about the world has resulted in me getting a job in Poland, and in just 5 days I am moving my life to Warszawa. And yes, I am damn excited about it! 2016 started with a jump in the pool in Bali and immigration to Poland with a new job. Can it get any better than that? 

Oh yeah, not to forget about the time I moved to Ireland. (www.mullingardiaries.com

I am 25 years old and I sometimes have a hard time being stationary. Other times I am too lazy to actually move. Some people say home is where the heart is, but maybe that is actually not true. My heart is where I am and that is not always home. Maybe “better sorry than safe” fits my life's description better. All I know is that people like me we want one thing and that is to fly. 

So what happens when you fly away? Do you transform from the ugly duckling to a swan? 

I have no fucking clue!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment